Monday, April 25, 2011

Royal Nails







Has anyone else been constantly watching the specials about the Royal Family? Between TLC, TV Guide Channel, and the news stations, there's no shortage of coverage.

Thanks to this constant stream of fabulous, I've been inspired by upcoming wedding of Wills and Kate to try an understated manicure reminiscent of their official commemorative china.

I started with a base of Avon Nailwear Pro in Vintage Blue. (It's no longer available on the website, but if you love it let me know and I'll see if I can still get it.)




I wanted to give a nod to the china without being over the top, so I chose the floral paisley pattern on Konad plate m64 to overlay China Glaze in Jitterbug.

The final result is fun and playful while still being understated. It may not have a monogram and golden crown flanked by bows and love birds, but when it's next to my Princess Ring, I think it gets the point across.


The blue is a little lighter in person - much closer to the color of the china.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Love it!! My Amy's starting a nail blog!!!! :D

amy said...

Mostly because Lexi was so adament about it at the memorial!
I'd never even thought about it before, but I do feel guilty about never updating my poor, neglected blog.