Friday, June 26, 2009

School's Out FOREVER.

I have officially finished the last of my classes to get my master's degree. Although I am thrilled that I will no longer be paying for said classes and I'm pretty excited that when I get a real, full-time job (when, not if) I'll get paid quite a bit more, I m a bit anxious about the whole not being in class thing. I've been a student for about 20 years now with no more than a 6 month break in between. What am I going to do with myself? Although, I'm not going to worry about that right now - it's time to enjoy SUMMER.

I've been working quite a bit so far this summer, so between my time back at good ol' Malley's and all of the research work for my class my days have been pretty packed. This hasn't kept me from squeezing some fun in there, oh no.

Besides seeing friends, going to cookouts, and enjoying time in my garden, I've even had time for more!

I've already traveled to spend a weekend in Chicago for the graduation party of a family friend. Weekend festivities included seeing family and friends, eating too much, and swimming with Mackenzie in the hotel pool.

Since Miss Mack proved to be such a little mermaid, Uncle George and Aunt Amy took her once again to swim in George's family's pool. She had a blast, and besides jumping into the pool once without holding on to Aunt Amy's hands, seems to be really close to being able to swim.

Just last week George, Rachel, Jamie (George's sister), and I all went to see Joel McHale perform at the Civic Auditorium. He was hilarious, his opener Chris Hardwick (current host of Web Soup and former host of Singled Out) also made me laugh my butt off, so the evening was a success.

After my last class I went out with the girls, many of whom I've traveled through most of the EdTech program with for a while now, and I genuinely had a blast. I've been feeling a little anxious in social situations with people I don't know well lately, but something about this group was so dynamic and wonderful. I'm really going to miss a lot of the girls and the program in general.

The future holds two weddings (I'm super pumped for Irene's this weekend), another trip to Chicago, a week at the beach, and hopefully a lot more time with friends and my favorite niece.


I have been using Twitter, albeit poorly, but you can follow me @amypoporad.

This book is either the greatest or the most disturbing thing ever. You be the judge.

I'm saddened by all of these celebrity deaths lately, particularly Michael Jackson's. I've always loved his earlier work and I think he was an amazing performer despite all of the weirdness that surrounded him. But, that's all I'll say. There are plenty of touching memorials out there that are much better than I could ever do.

I would love to go see this collection. I particularly love the green and white number and of course the champagne colored dress on the second page. The queen was a fashionable lady, my friends!

I would like to answer a few questions right here so that they won't be asked of me every single time I see someone.
#1 How's married life treating you?
This is like asking me how it feels to be however old on my birthday. It's pretty cool, but really not that different. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying my married life just fine, but in the long run there haven't been that many changes. I still go to work, come home, eat, and sleep. I just do it in a different house with a different person.
#2 When are you going to have a baby?
No time soon. And yes, I have gained some weight and yes, I'm probably not drinking tonight; but no, I am not knocked up. We are not in a place right now financially where it would be a responsible decision to have a child. Once I have a contract or once George starts to sell multi-million dollar homes we'll start planning, but until then, don't ask.


Help me to make this summer even more successful. Call me, invite me out. I'm free most days after 5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The oil of oregano, an effective herb is also a natural cure, with a high content of carvacol in it being very effective if taken
internally every day. Drinking a lot of water, eating plain yogurt,
and drinking unsweetened cranberry juice as part of her
daily diet can help maintain a woman's natural p - H, if she is prone to yeast infections due to constant p - H imbalance. Finding the best vaginal yeast infection remedy that will work for you will end all the disturbing symptoms of the infection improving the quality of your life.

Check out my web page can you still get a yeast infection after hysterectomy