Monday, September 05, 2011

Walgreens Deals!

Last weekend when I had to take a break at work, I meandered over to Walgreens and searched the sale aisle. I found some great nail polish deals!


First up, Wet and Wild nail polishes were on sale for only 99 cents.
I bought Gray's Anatomy.
It doesn't photograph well, but it's pretty neat in person. It's a really pretty iridescent which generally looks lilac and gray but occasionally shows touches of blue and green. Really unique without being obnoxious!
This color took three coats to look good, but it wore really well and is a fun color for this time of year. I also got lots of positive comments on it while I was wearing it.
This should be available at any drug stores that carry the Wet and Wild line.



Next up was Nicole by OPI Party in the Penthouse for only $1.99. This is a glittery dark blue (shown here with a silver Konad pattern). By itself I thought this color was kind of boring but it's a nice base to stamp on. Unfortunately this one took three or four coats to get nice coverage and it chipped fairly easily.
Fortunately, I only paid two bucks for it and it's a different shade of blue from any other polish I have in my collection.
I don't know if this is still readily available. I wouldn't recommend it at the regular price tag of $7.99, but if you come across it at $1.99 like I did, go for it!

No comments: