Sunday, July 03, 2011

Stars and (Zebra) Stripes


Happy 4th of July, friends!

What better way to celebrate our great nation then with a patriotic manicure? None, say I.

Pretend I cleaned up the edges of my manicure before I took this picture.

This was done with a base of Avon's Nailwear Pro in French Tip White followed by the fishnet print done with Wet and Wild Fast Dry in Silvivor.
On my ring fingers I used Konad's special polish in blue and red to do zebra stripes for a punny play on stars and stripes and then did the stars in the same colors on all the other nails.

If you'd like to try it yourself, the fishnet and the zebra stripes are both from Konad plate m57. There are several plates that have stars on them, but these particular stars are from m3.
(If you're a real USA nut, check out m14. After all, we Americans love us some cupcakes and diamonds.)

Now, go have fun!
And be sure not to blow off any fingers with illegal fireworks... it'd be a shame to waste all that hard work!

No comments: